Everyone who knows me, knows how much I love French food.
This weekend I had the chance to go to a lovely restaurant called Vendôme Paris
specialized in French cuisine but with additional international dishes as a wider selection. I went to the Jumeirah branch, and upon entering you see the towers of Macarons on the display. A variety of patisserie and fresh breads are prepared for dining-in or take-away.
I wanted to try everything, and I was lucky to have a beautiful table dressed in various dishes waiting for us to devour. We had:
- Quinoa Taboule Salad: Fresh, zesty and very healthy.
- Nicoise Salad: The French staple of salad. layered to perfection and the dressing was so flavorful.
- Potato waffles with chili and Guacamole: One of my guilty pleasures and it was so well done here and you’d swear it is coming from an American Diner.
- Buttered chicken Risotto: A lovely fusion between indian spices and european cuisine. The Rice melts in your mouth.
- Salmon with potato puree and vegetables: Fresh and well seasoned grilled Salmon with a colorful display of season’s vegetables. One of my favorites at Vendome.
- Chocolate mousse dessert: loved this dessert so much. Chocolate mousse over a chocolate cake with nibbles of Matcha cake, lemon cream and berries.
- The house cocktails: Virgin drinks with fresh juices. Perfect for summer.
I loved the atmosphere at Vendome, the amability of the staff and the great display of mouth-watering French patisserie. The Chef even came and sat with us, explained the dishes and the manager was very attentionate and kind.
I had the loveliest time at Vendome. I definitel recommend and looking forward trying different dishes on the menu.